Sai’s mantra “God is one”. Compassion towards other living beings, mutual tolerance between members of various creeds and sects are the essence of Sai mantra. In this Kaliyug, devotion to Sai should spread everywhere, in each home and person to person. Sai Leelas should be sung with love and fervor. Let peace prevail everywhere. Let Sai shower His blessings to all.
Sai Baba Vratham Procedure
It is for sure that if a person places his faith in Sai’s holy feet and observes the vratham of 9 Thursdays, all his desires and wishes will be fulfilled and shackles removed. The rules for observing the Sai Baba vrat is given below:
- This Vrath can be observed by anyone, by persons of any caste or religion.
- Sincere faith and devotion while observing this Vrat yields miraculous results.
- This Vrath should be started on a Thursday with a simple prayer to Sai to get the desire and wish fulfilled.
- On these Nine Thursday, individual who is doing vrat can eat fruit/milk/sweets etc. all day long or can have one meal a day. ONE MUST NOT DO THIS VRAT WITHOUT EATING ANYTHING.
- If possible, go to SAI BABA’s temple to have SAIBABA’s darshan on these Nine Thursday.
- At home, do pooja / prayer in the morning or evening. Place a wooden board
Put Yellow Cloth in front of you and place SAI BABA’s Photo or Statue on this cloth. Wash or wipe Baba’s picture with clean water and cloth. Put “tikka (Bindi on the forehead)” with “kumkum” (red powder) on BABA’s face. Offer Him garland or flowers of yellow color. Light a lamp and incense sticks in front of His photo. Meditate and pray to Him, convey your wishes to Him faithfully. Offer Fruit or Sweets to Baba as Naivadhya (Prasad), distribute and partake the consecrated food. Read the book completely and sing SAI BABA’s Aarti.
- Even if the devotee has to travel to other cities, this worship can be observed.
- During the 9 Thursdays due to menstrual cycles for ladies or for any other reasons, if you are not able to perform this worship, skip that Thursday and perform this worship in the consecutive Thursday.
- On the 9th Thursday, feed 5 poor people according to capacity.
- To spread the efficacies of this vrat, distribute Sai Baba vrat books to 5 or 11 or more, freely.
- On 9th Thursday, place these books in puja so that receivers will also be blessed.
By following above rules if the vratham is observed and completed with due formalities, the devotee’s wishes will certainly be fulfilled by Sai’s grace.